BCGE Maestro card
The BCGE Maestro card is the indispensable means of payment for your ATM withdrawals and retail payments.
The ideal card to make your everyday life easier.
With your BCGE Maestro card, you can pay for your purchases from a majority of retailers in Switzerland and abroad.
Payments under CHF 40 can be made easily and without having to key in the PIN code at retailers displaying the pictogram above.
- For amounts over CHF 40, you still have to key in your PIN code.
- For security reasons, the contactless function is disabled when the Maestro card is sent to you.
To activate the contactless function, you must first carry out a transaction by introducing the card into the ATM reader or a payment terminal (cash withdrawal, balance consultation, payment at a retailer). Once the function is activated, all you have to do is present your card close to the payment terminal for the payment to be made.
- This function can be disabled by contacting our online bank on +41 (0)58 211 21 00
With your BCGE Maestro card, you can withdraw cash from automated banking machines in Switzerland and abroad. You can also pay cash into your accounts, notes and coins, in CHF and EUR. The exchange rates used are highly preferential when paying in at BCGE ATMs.
With the multi-account function, you can withdraw from most of your other accounts. This function can be disabled on request. You can use BCGE ATMs to consult your balance and monitor your recent transactions
Access to your funds
To protect yourself against skimming types of fraud (copy of bank card data), the BCGE recommends that you activate the geoblocking* function on your BCGE Maestro card. This functionality enables you to block all or part of the geographical regions where Maestro card operations are not wanted. In this way you can specify those regions where you authorise withdrawals and payments with your Maestro card. This modification can be temporary or for an indefinite period.
Greater transaction security
Also for your security, the daily limit value for Maestro card usage in all countries outside Switzerland and Europe has been fixed at CHF 3,000 maximum. This limit corresponds to the maximum daily amount for ATM withdrawals or purchase payments using a Maestro card.
Find here the geographical regions covered by geoblocking.
Read our instructions carefully to prevent the risk of fraud when using your BCGE Maestro card.
Simple measures to be followed to prevent fraud
- The BCGE Maestro card is available for clients aged 12 years and over (conditions for granting and limits depend on the client's situation)
- Subscription is free up to 25 years of age
The geoblocking function can be activated/disabled very easily:
- On the BCGE Netbanking platform (Cards menu), available 24/24, 7/7
- Via a secure messaging system
- At our online Bank +41 (0)58 211 21 00 (monday to friday from 7.30am to 7.30pm and saturday from 9am to 4pm)